Archdiocese of Lingayen-Dagupan
Archdiocesan Jubilee for Children Celebration
Ugugao: Panaligan parad panarian na Dios
Schedule of Activities:
January 12, 20113 - Mass for the Children in St. John Cathedral
All parishes and schools of the Archdiocese will send their delegates ranging from 6 to 12 years old.
8:30 - 9:30am - Holy Mass to be presided by Archbishop Socrates B. Villegas
10:00 - 11:30 - Games (Larong Lahi) and Magic Shows with Catechism
b. coin huntig
c. mambo jambo
d. pinoy henyo
11:30 am - Awarding of Winners
January13, 2011 - Children Catechism in every Parish
1. Mass in the Morning or joined in the Misa Pro Populo
(Select children who can participate as lectors in the church)
Attached are the Prayers of the Faithful and the Prayer for Children
2 Catechism DAY 1 ( See attached module for Day 1)
Ex. a. basag banga
a. coin huntig
b. mambo jambo
c. pinoy henyo
NB: Please employ the parish catechists and the Youth to facilitate in the games and for the catechism.
January 20, 2011 - Children Catechism (Day 2) with games after Mass in the morning.
January 27, 2013 - Culmination of the Jubilee for Children in every Parish
With children’s catechism (DAY 3)
Organization of Children’s Ministry in every Parishes
This organization prepares the children in their entry to the Youth Ministry. Meaning, when they have reached the age of 13 automatically they are members of the Youth in the Parishes. It is necessary that in this organization 1 member of the Youth ministry will supervise and takes care of them. They will be called their “ Atsi” or “Kuya”.
Prayers of the Faithful
Priest: The Lord Jesus held up to all his followers the simplicity and trust of children as a condition for all entering the kingdom of heaven. Let us there call on Jesus in prayer, saying:
Lord, in children let us welcome you.
Lord Jesus, born of the Virgin Mary, you sanctified childhood; grant that these children may grow as you did in wisdom, age, and grace. Let us pray to the Lord:
Through their parents and the Church you show these children the tenderness of your own love; grant that those entrusted with their care will be tireless in watching over them. Let us pray to the Lord:
In baptism you have given all of us rebirth to a new childhood and opened to us the doors to your Father’s house; grant that as faithful servants we may follow wherever you lead. Let us pray to the Lord:
Even as a child you had to undergo persecution and exile; grant that all children who are victims of the evil of these times may find help and protection. Let us pray to the Lord:
Priest: Lord, our God, out of the speech of little children you have fashioned a hymn of praise. Look with kindness on these children whom the faith of the Church commends to your tender care. Your Son, born of the Virgin Mary gladly welcomed little children. He took them in his arms, blessed them, and held them up as an example for all. We ask this through Christ our Lord.
Prayer for Children
Lord, we thank you for our children; they are our joy, our fulfillment. It is because we love them so much that we implore your blessing and protection. Anticipate the needs of these children with your tender blessings, and grant that no evil may corrupt their mind, but that, advancing in age, in wisdom, and in grace, they may live so as to please you always.
Lord hear our prayers and with your unfailing protection, watch over these children whom you have blessed with the grace of baptism. When they have grown to maturity, grant that they will confess your name in willing faith, be fervent in charity, and persevere courageously in the hope of reaching your kingdom, where you live and reign for ever and ever. Amen.
Catechism for Children
1st Day – January 13, 2012
TEMA: ANG SIMBAHAN
1. Ano ang simbahan?
Mga ibat – ibang salita kung ano ang simbahan
a. Ecclesia: ekklesia - salitang gryigo o greek: isang communidad na itinatag ni Kristo. Greek ekklesia (ecclesia), the term by which the New Testament writers denote the society founded by Our Lord Jesus Christ. (Catholic Encyclopedia)
b. Iglesia - Salitang Kastila/Pangasinan
c. Simbahan - Filipino
d. Simbaan - Pangasinan
2. Ano and ibig sabihin ng SImbahan?
· Ang simbahan ay mga taong naniniwala kay Kristo
· Mga Kristiyano : Mga Katoliko
3. Ano pa ang ibang ibig sabihin ng SImbahan?
· Ito ay and gusali o “building” templo kung saan ginaganap ang misa at ibatibat sacramento.
· Bahay ng Panginoon
4. Sino and nagpatayo ng simbahan
· Si Kristo, siya ang anak ng Diyos na pinanganak ni Birhen Maria.
5. Kailan ipinatayo ang SImbahan?
· Mag 2000 taon ang nakalilipas nong ipinatayo ni Kristo and Simbahan. Ito ang pagkakaiba natin sa ibang relihiyon na bago palang.
6. Bakit may SImbahan at ano ang kanyang misyon?
· Para ipalaganap ang kaharian ni Kristo sa lupa. (kaya nga tayo ay nagdaos e ng Christ the King noong November 25, para ipaalala sa atin na ganito ang gating paniniwala na si Kristo ay ang ating hari at anak ng Diyos.
7. Saan makikita ang simbahan…
· Kahit saan dito sa atin halos lahat ng bayan ay may simbahan.
8. Paano natin makikita ang simbahan sa ating Bayan?
· May Krus
· May Tore
· May kumbento kung saan nakatira si Father
· May binyagan
· May altar
· At ang karamihang pangalan ng simbahan ay pangalan ng mga santo – mga taong nagsilbi ant hindi ipinagpalit ang paniniwala sa dios.
Ex. Our Mother of Perpetual Help Parish
January 20, 2012
Tema: Ang mga Bumubuo ng SImbahan
1. Gaano kalaki ang simbahan?
· May simbahang binubuo ng lahat ng mga tao na nananampalataya sa buong mundo at ang tawag dito ay UNIVERSAL CHURCH
2. Paano nahahati ang Simbhan?
· Ang simbahan sa buong mundo na tinatawag na universal church ay may mga sangay
· Ito ay tinatawag na DIOCESE o ARCHDIOCESE kung saan ito ay pinamumunuan ng isang Obispo. Ito ay galling sa salitand Gryego “diokesis” na ang ibig sabihin ay pamamahala.
Ex . a. Archdiocese of Lingayen – Dagupan
b. Diocese of Alaminos
c. Diocese of Urdaneta
Ang Diocese at Archdiocese ay parehong pinamumunuan ng Obispo halos walang pagkakaiba maliban lang sa trabaho ng Obispo. May mga bagay na pinamumunuan ng Archdiocese ang kasama nitong mga diocese.
Halimbawa: Ang Archdiocese of Lingayen – Dagupan nasasakupan niya ang mga:
a. Diocese of Urdaneta
b. Diocese of Alaminos
c. Diocese of San Fernando
d. Diocese of Cabanatuan
e. Diocese of San Jose
Ang tawag sa mga Diocese na ito ay Suffragan niya.
Sa atin an gating Obispo ay si Most Rev. Socrates B. Villegas o kung minsan sila ay palagi nating tinatawag na Father Soc kasi pari din sila na naging Obispo.
3. Ang Diocese ulit ay may mga sangay ang tawag dito ay Vicariate.
· Ito ay binubuo ng mga simbahan na karamihan ay magkakalapit para mas madali ang pag – aasikaso ng mga nananampalataya.
· Ito ay pinamumunuhan ng isang Vicar Forane na isa ding pari na nakatalaga para mag – asikaso sa mga ito.
Ex. Vicariate of St. Vincent Ferrer. Ang Vicar Forane ay si Fr. Manuel Sayson
4. Ang Vicariate pag hahatiin pa natin ang susunod na ay ang PAROKYA o Parish sa Ingles na karamihan ay pinangalanan sa mga santo o para sa ating panginoon.
· Ang namumuno dito ay tinatawag na Parish Priest na isa ding pari.
· Ex: Our Mother of Perpetual Help Parish
5. Kung Palilitin pa natin ang Parish ito na ang mga Chapel o Kapilya sa ating mga barangay.
· Ang namumuno dito ay ang Parish Priest parish kasama nya ang mga Pastoral Council ng bawat barangay na sila ding nag – aasikaso dito.
6. At ang pinakamaliit na grupo ng simbahan ay ang ating PAMILYA
· Kung Kayat ang Bahay din natin ay maaari din nating tawagin tahanan ng diyos. Lalong lalo na kung naniniwala tayo sa kanya at hindi nawawala ang pagdarasal.
7. Bakit pakailangan hatiin ang simbahan?
· Para mas epektibo ang pangangalaga ng mga nananampalataya.
8. Anu – ano ang mga nakikita natin sa loob n gating PAROKYA?
a. Pari, Sacristan, Lectors, EEMS, Katekista, Kabaatan, seminarista, maraming mga tao, religious organizations, at siyempre mga BATA na isa sa mga pinakapaborito ni Kristo. (Mark 10: 13 – 16)
January 27, 2012
TEMA: Ang Archdiocese ng Lingayen – Dagupan
1. Kailan itinatag ang ating Diocese?
· May 19, 1928
2. Kailan naging Archdiocese ang Lingayen – Dagupan?
· Noong February 16, 1963 naging Archdiocese and Lingayen – Dagupan sa pamamagitan ni Pope Paul VI kaya sa pagdating ng February 6, 2013 tayo ay maghahanda na sa ika 50th Anniversaryo ng pagiging Archdiocese.
3. Sino ang unang Obispo?
· Cesar Ma. Guerrero
4. Sino ang Ating Obispo Ngayon?
· Socrates B. Villegas
5. Saan nakatira an gating Obispo?
· Sa st. John Evangelist Cathedral
· Ang ibig sabihin ng Cathedra ay “upuan” at ito ay ang upuan ng Obispo.
Halimbawa: sa pamilya ang tatay ay nakaupo sa kabisera karamihan nasa parting tabi dulo ng lamisa doon siya nagbibilin sa kanyang pamilya. Ganon din ang Obispo sa Cathedral din sya nagbibilin sa kanyang mga nasasakupan.
6. Paano tayo maghanda?
· Sa pamamagitan ng pagbubuo natin ng CHILDREN’S MINISTRY sa ating mga parokya. Para ang mga bata ay maging aktibo din sa simbahan katulad ng mga matatanda at mga kabataan..
Handbook for the Catechist as regards history of ALD
- Historically, Pangasinan figures prominently as the battleground for many wars in the country. Lingayen Gulf was the headquarters of the Chinese pirate Limahong who came even ahead of the Spanish forces. In World War II Americans landed in Lingayen to resume military operations against Japan. Andres Malong, a Filipino officer commissioned with the Spanish forces, led the first revolt of the province in 1660.The Augustinian were the first missionaries to arrive in Pangasinan. But they found the people unresponsive, addicted to idolatry and the so-called Anitos. Unable to make much headway, they proceeded north to the Ilocos provinces, but not before having founded the big towns of Lingayen, Dagupan and Manaoag. Some secular priests and some Franciscans are also recorded as among the first missionaries of Pangasinan. But like the Augustinian, they also went north abandoning the socalled barren and unfruitful land.
The Dominicans were the most successful missionaries in Pangasinan and they stayed until the Revolution of 1898. As early as 1587, they established the town of Binalatongan, now San Carlos City. Other big towns they founded are Calasiao, Binmaley, Santa Barbara and San Fabian. Meanwhile the Augustinian Recollects evangelized the western part of the province which is now the territory of the Diocese of Alaminos.
The Diocese of Lingayen was erected on May 19, 1928, comprising the entire province of Pangasinan. In 1954, because of the destruction brought on Lingayen by World War II, the See was transferred to Dagupan, and the diocese is now known as the Diocese of Lingayen Dagupan. On January 12, 1985 the western part of Pangasinan was made the Diocese of Alaminos, and the eastern part the Diocese of Urdaneta, both dioceses becoming suffragans of Lingayen-Dagupan along with the dioceses of Cabanatuan, San Jose (Nueva Ecija) and San Fernando (La union). in 1963 the diocese was elevated to an archdiocese.
There are 26 parishes in the archdiocese served by 106 priests, 12 religious brothers and 33 religious sisters. Catholic institutions include 2 seminaries, I major and I minor, 27 Catholic schools, a hospital, 2 clinics, a formation center, a social action center, and a catechetical center. Faith Communities number 24 in all.
Pastoral activities are concentrated on worship, catholic education, Youth apostolate, social action and pastoral work with the family. A noteworthy innovation is the attention given to worship. The archdiocese is achieving progress in making the liturgy the framework of worship. Devotions remain popular, but adequate success has been achieved to integrate these with liturgy Thus, devotions to saints, who are local favorites, have. been weaned off the novena syndrome and integrated with the celebration of the Mass.
On social action, Archbishop Oscar V Cruz established the Caritas Dagupan, the primary objective. of which is to help the poor of Christ help themselves through livelihood and health projects. The Archdiocesan Commission on social Action and Allied Services initiates programs that encourage. entrepreneurship among the rural communities The Commission grants financial assistance to rural folks so they can put up small scale industries, or organize cooperatives to eventually improve their standard of living.
Since Archbishop Cruz assumed office, one of his main preoccupations has been the formulation of an Archdiocesan Pastoral Plan. After much reflection and deliberation, the Plan was finally finished. The Archdiocesan Pastoral Plan is based on the integrated advisory observations made by the clergy and the laity who had been constantly consulted by the Archbishop on the matter.
The plan is on a short term basis of three years, after which evaluations are made, necessary adjustments adopted, and then the renewed Pastoral Plan is launched for another three years. Subsequently the plan will go through the same evaluation, adoption, and renewal processes.
The plan itself starts with the situation of broken and sinful unbelievers, ignorant and indifferent, notwithstanding the call to be healed, to be whole, to be holy, to be believers. The vision is the Living Body of Christ through witnessing, worshipping, serving and evangelizing community. And mission is renewed and intensive evangelization, renewed and intense living of gospel values; development of the spirit, charisms and capabilities of the Presbyterium; promotion, encouragement and maximization of the ecclesial participation of the laity in line with the above, programs have, been devised to particularize the mission component of the Plan. In particular these programs involve the clergy, the laity and the community apostates.
ANG MGA NAGING OBISPO NG ATING ARCHDIOCESE
· Cesar Ma. Guerrero(+): Feb. 22, 1929-Dec. 16, 1937)
· Mariano Madriaga(+): March 17, 1938-Feb. 7, 1973
· Federico G. Limon, SVD(+): Feb. 7, 1973-July 15, 1991
· Oscar V. Cruz: July 15, 1991-Sep. 8,2009
· Socrates B. Villegas: Sept. 8, 2009 – present